This little guy’s name is Joey. He started out as my bird around 1984ish, and then went to live with my sister Terri… for some 25 years. Joey just recently passed on to the Rainbow Bridge. We estimated him to be around 28 years old. He was quite the little character with a very loud cat call whistle. I painted this picture to celebrate his long lived and happy life. He will be missed!
Sign up for our mailing list.
Add Link to Facebook
- Marianne Harris, Artist Rocklin Fine Arts is having their membership show. Tonight (Oct 9th) is the FREE reception from 6pm - 9pm at the Rock HIll Winery, 2970 Del Mar Ave, Loomis, CA. I have two pieces hanging... "African Pony" and "Puppy Love". Should be a great show so consider yourselves invited. The show will be hanging at the Winery through October 30th. October 9, 2015 8:06 am
- Marianne Harris, Artist Oct 10th, 24th and 31st WORKSHOP CANCELLED... to be rescheduled. I had several people interested in my workshop who could not make the three Saturdays that it was scheduled for. So I have decided to reschedule it. I will post here when I have dates available. I'm considering a Friday evening for 2 hours, and Saturday and Sunday for 3.5 hours each. October 7, 2015 10:33 am
- Marianne Harris, Artist Here's a painting I delivered this weekend at WAG. This is Blitz... aka 'The Australian Pony'. Fondly called 'The Pony' because he is so incredibly big... I believe the largest Australian Shepherd I have ever met. Blitz is owned by Justine Bradley. Watching this boy run in agility is pure joy... and painting his beautiful face was just as fun. Justine did announce that the wubba wabbit immortilized in this portrait is now in a couple of pieces. October 5, 2015 9:00 am
- Marianne Harris, Artist I finished this painting at Draft Horse Classic last weekend. She sure did bring a lot of attention to my booth! :-) I don't have a name for the painting yet... and I'm open to suggestions. For those who don't know... this is my puppy Dakota at about 10 weeks old. September 30, 2015 8:40 am
- Marianne Harris, Artist My booth at this year's Draft Horse Classic 'Art at the Classic' event. It was four days of horses and art... and talking to a lot of people. I had a wonderful time once again hanging out with some of my artist friends who I get to see here every year. I had a successful four days... but very tired and looking forward to some relaxing time tomorrow. September 27, 2015 7:47 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist One of my 2016 calendars has arrivied just in time for the Draft Horse Classic "Art at the Classic". This calendar features a miscellaneous selection of my art and will be for sale this weekend at the Classic. Be sure to stop by Thursday through Sunday at the Nevada County Fairgrounds in Grass Valley, CA. September 23, 2015 10:26 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Finally... cars all packed and ready to head out tomorrow morning to the Draft Horse Classic "Art at the Classic". I have a lot of paintings to fit in my little booth... don't know if they'll all fit. I'm looking forward to four fun filled days of art and horses... and all the great people I see there each year. I will post pictures as I can. If you all are in the Nevada County Fairgrounds in Grass Valley neighborhood... come in to the art building and say hello. I'll be there working on a painting and showing my art. :-) September 23, 2015 7:03 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Getting ready for Draft Horse Classic September 21, 2015 1:36 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist I just created a store in pixels.com to sell prints and things of some of my art. So far I've only uploaded a few images, but should have more coming. Here's the link if anyone wants to take a look. http://pixels.com/profiles/marianne-harris.html September 20, 2015 11:33 am
- Marianne Harris, Artist The Draft Horse Classic is coming up this week. Starts Thurs, Sept 24th through Sunday, Sept 27th. This is a great event. And... along with this event is "Art at the Classic", where you can find lots of equine and western art. In fact... I will be having a booth at this show, along with five paintings juried into the art show. So if you're in the neighborhood of the Draft Horse Classic, Nevada County Fairgrounds in Grass Valley, please stop by my booth and say hi. Entry into the Classic and Art Show is free. There are two Draft Horse performances each day that require tickets purchased. Hope to see you all there. :-) September 20, 2015 7:51 am