This little guy’s name is Joey. He started out as my bird around 1984ish, and then went to live with my sister Terri… for some 25 years. Joey just recently passed on to the Rainbow Bridge. We estimated him to be around 28 years old. He was quite the little character with a very loud cat call whistle. I painted this picture to celebrate his long lived and happy life. He will be missed!
Sign up for our mailing list.
May 2016 S M T W T F S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Add Link to Facebook
- Marianne Harris, Artist Tomorrow, April 30th, I'll be setting up my art booth at Sierra Hay & Feed in Lincoln, CA during their "Pet Day" in honor of National Pet Adoption Day. I'll have a few new pieces hanging in my booth... so if you're in the Lincoln area and want to celebrate Pet Day, stop by Sierra Hay & Feed, 1301 Lincoln Blvd, Lincoln. April 29, 2016 5:40 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Talk about a challenge!! All my art teachers over the years have told me I need to do a self portrait. Well... here it is. Me and my girls. March 25, 2016 8:36 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist A few paintings from my Puppy Series in honor of National Puppy Day! Now this is a holiday I can relate to. :-) March 23, 2016 10:15 am
- Marianne Harris, Artist I was looking through the photo galleries that I've posted here on Facebook and noticed a few special commissions I had done in the past are not included. This one in particular belongs in my album of Commissioned Dog Portraits. In fact, this is the painting that started it all for me... a very special boy named Fritz, owned by Susan Rappillus of WAG. It was December of 2010 and I had just taken my first (of many) workshops from Lesley Harrison. I was a little nervous about doing dog commissions, but had practiced a couple times by painting my girl Jasmine. So I asked Susan if I could paint Fritz for her. I had no idea if I could pull it off and this is what I came up with. And... in the course of the last five years I have now painted somewhere around 75 dogs of WAG, quit a day job to be a full time artist, and created a little buisiness that is showing a bit of success. So thanks Susan... for saying yes. And thanks to Fritz, who I'm sure is smiling down on us from the Rainbow bridge, for being an awesome first subject. March 19, 2016 2:12 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Is this not the cutest little face??? I just delivered this portrait of Frankie to Gail Salazar this morning. Frankie is the newest member of her family and what a fun boy he is. This is the third of Gail's pups that I have had the pleasure to paint. I had a great time watching his cute face pop out of the painting. Thanks Gail... March 9, 2016 1:27 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Due to a lack of sign ups, I have decided to cancel my Paint a Puppy in Pastels Workshop scheduled March 11, 12 & 13. I have a tentative date of June 25 & 26 for a workshop on pastels on velour at Sacramento Fine Arts. Please PM me if you have an interest in that workshop. March 1, 2016 4:16 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Here's One Up Max! I had the pleasure of delivering this portrait to Lisa Shawver last weekend at WAG. This little guy has his own Facebook page with 26,606 followers... what a popular little boy. I was honored to paint him sporting one of his favorite sweaters and bully stick. March 1, 2016 1:04 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Is this not the cutest little lady? This is Misty, owned by Patricia Harris... and yes, a WAG dog. :-) Misty is one of WAG's seniors. At 14 she still has that puppy look to her. This is the third of Patty's family of pups that I had the honor of painting. February 22, 2016 3:18 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist "Puppy Love" is sold and on its way to its perma-home. I'm grateful to Jennifer and Todd for allowing me to photograph and paint their adorable girls... including their dog, so I could create this painting, which had been in my head for a few years. I hope they enjoy it forever. February 13, 2016 1:58 pm