This little guy’s name is Joey. He started out as my bird around 1984ish, and then went to live with my sister Terri… for some 25 years. Joey just recently passed on to the Rainbow Bridge. We estimated him to be around 28 years old. He was quite the little character with a very loud cat call whistle. I painted this picture to celebrate his long lived and happy life. He will be missed!
Sign up for our mailing list.
Add Link to Facebook
- Marianne Harris, Artist So it's been awhile since I've posted a painting. I have a couple waiting until after an art show. But for now I give you Bonus. This beautiful boy was owned and loved by Monica Percival, of Clean Run fame, and is now at the Rainbow Bridge. It was my pleasure to capture Bonus in a portrait and I hope it brings lots of smiles to Monica and her family. February 4, 2015 9:26 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist One of my favorite people from my past is Donna Snyder-Smith. She was my riding coach from 1976 through the early 80's and helped me with my Mustang Shilo. I can still hear her explaining half halts and leg yields and I remember the first time she sent me over a small jump... the first of many. Those were exciting days for me. So when she posted the reference photo for this painting, I had to get permission to paint it... not only because I loved the look and feel of it, but also because it brought back so many wonderful memories of good times spent on horseback. So here's Donna. January 16, 2015 4:13 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Just found out that my painting 'Born Free' won 3rd place overall at the Sacramento Fine Arts Membership show. Can you believe that!? This is a painting that I did of Maestro... a wild mustang colt on the South Steens. Photo reference was used with permission by Mustang Meg. A portion of the sale of this painting will go towards one of the Save the Mustang groups. January 6, 2015 7:32 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Here's a little overview of what I was up to in 2014. On to the new year and lot's of new portraits! Thanks to everyone who has entrusted their pet's portraits in my care. And thanks to everyone who comments on my work here on Facebook... for all your support. January 5, 2015 10:43 am
- Marianne Harris, Artist This was my last commission of 2014. This is Flea, owned and loved by Beth Samford. Flea is at the Rainbow Bridge now, but I hear that he and Beth tore it up on the agility field at WAG during his prime years. There are so many of our beautiful WAG dogs at the Rainbow Bridge. I hope they're all playing agility together. January 2, 2015 6:38 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Finally got back to my easel and decided to finish this little painting that I started a few weeks back at an art event. I'm calling it "Wild Child". December 29, 2014 5:26 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist A Christmas commission. Noei, 11"x14" pastel. Merry Christmas to everyone. December 25, 2014 12:59 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Happy Holidays to my family and friends on Facebook. I hope you all have a great day. ("Tree With A Twist", 5"x7" pastel on velour, photo reference used with permission by Lisa Seltmann) December 25, 2014 9:46 am
- Marianne Harris, Artist Tomorrow is the Sacramento Fine Arts Center's Annual Holiday Arts and Craft Show. I'll be there with my paintings. It's free admission and I'm told there will be festive foods, refreshments and live music... along with an art show and craft market. So if you're in the area... stop by and say hi. December 5, 2014 12:18 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist And one last posting for today. This is the final of the three paintings I was trying to get done. This is Dharma, another of Pamela Jo Anderson's sweet pups... and yes... a WAG dog. (Western Agility Group) Sadly... Dharma has gone to the Rainbow Bridge and I hope this memorial portrait will bring Pam and her family lots of smiles and great memories. November 27, 2014 6:24 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Happy Holidays to everyone!!! I was going to wait until after Thanksgiving to post this painting... but was impatient to share it. This is my Xmas card for this year. I call it "Tree With a Twist." And for all the WAG folk out there... you probably know why. For everyone else, the dog is Twist, owned by Lisa Seltmann. She posted the photo of Twist in the tree last year and I couldn't resist! Of course I had to add the Santa's hat! Thanks Lisa for allowing me to paint this. November 27, 2014 1:58 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist And here's Gib! I love watching this WAG dog during his agility runs. He's fast... and makes it look like fun! Gib is the fifth dog that I've painted for Kathy Bettner. Kathy's collection of paintings includes Lucy, Myah, Henry, Gunner... and now Gib. Thank you to Kathy for allowing me to paint her beautiful fur family. November 25, 2014 12:01 pm