This little guy’s name is Joey. He started out as my bird around 1984ish, and then went to live with my sister Terri… for some 25 years. Joey just recently passed on to the Rainbow Bridge. We estimated him to be around 28 years old. He was quite the little character with a very loud cat call whistle. I painted this picture to celebrate his long lived and happy life. He will be missed!
Sign up for our mailing list.
May 2015 S M T W T F S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Add Link to Facebook
- Marianne Harris, Artist I just received my award certificate for winning 3rd place at the 2015 Pastel Society of West Coast online art show for "African Pony." This is what I'll be getting. A 39 set of soft pastels from Great American Artworks. Can't wait to try them out. I also got one point towards my signature status (3 points needed). I still can't believe I won such a nice award!! :) April 2, 2015 2:18 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Spring News at Meb's Art... March 28, 2015 3:57 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist A couple weeks ago I posted the sketch of this painting. Here's the final version. It doesn't have a name yet... so I'm open to suggestions. It was really interesting to get into all the details of the harness. I love watching the big Draft Horses in harness and can't wait for this year's Draft Horse Classic in Grass Valley, CA. March 25, 2015 8:47 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist I'm so excited to announce that my pastel painting "African Pony" won third place in the Associate Category of the Pastel Society of West Coast (PSWC) Online Membership Show for 2015. It also received a Merit Award at the Sacramento Fine Arts Animal House art show last week. I'm currently sitting on cloud nine! :-) (Reference photo used with permission from Skip and Sherry Hagemeier) March 17, 2015 3:55 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Just started this painting today. The sketching part is complete... now ready to dive in an paint. March 12, 2015 9:14 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist This is the second of the two paintings I delivered a couple weeks ago at WAG. This is Tinkerbelle... aka Tink. Tink is another of the WAG dogs we lost to the Rainbow Bridge in 2014, but will always be loved by Gin Parrick. I hope Tink's smile will bring good memories to Gin everytime she looks at the painting. March 4, 2015 9:25 am
- Marianne Harris, Artist It's been awhile since I've posted any art. I actually took a little time off from painting with so many changes happening in my life. But it's time to get back to the easel and I'm excited with all the new commissions coming up. This is one of two that I delivered this past weekend. Another of the WAG dog family... this is Splotches, owned by Leslie McCulloch. February 24, 2015 3:15 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist So it's been awhile since I've posted a painting. I have a couple waiting until after an art show. But for now I give you Bonus. This beautiful boy was owned and loved by Monica Percival, of Clean Run fame, and is now at the Rainbow Bridge. It was my pleasure to capture Bonus in a portrait and I hope it brings lots of smiles to Monica and her family. February 4, 2015 9:26 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist One of my favorite people from my past is Donna Snyder-Smith. She was my riding coach from 1976 through the early 80's and helped me with my Mustang Shilo. I can still hear her explaining half halts and leg yields and I remember the first time she sent me over a small jump... the first of many. Those were exciting days for me. So when she posted the reference photo for this painting, I had to get permission to paint it... not only because I loved the look and feel of it, but also because it brought back so many wonderful memories of good times spent on horseback. So here's Donna. January 16, 2015 4:13 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Just found out that my painting 'Born Free' won 3rd place overall at the Sacramento Fine Arts Membership show. Can you believe that!? This is a painting that I did of Maestro... a wild mustang colt on the South Steens. Photo reference was used with permission by Mustang Meg. A portion of the sale of this painting will go towards one of the Save the Mustang groups. January 6, 2015 7:32 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Here's a little overview of what I was up to in 2014. On to the new year and lot's of new portraits! Thanks to everyone who has entrusted their pet's portraits in my care. And thanks to everyone who comments on my work here on Facebook... for all your support. January 5, 2015 10:43 am
- Marianne Harris, Artist This was my last commission of 2014. This is Flea, owned and loved by Beth Samford. Flea is at the Rainbow Bridge now, but I hear that he and Beth tore it up on the agility field at WAG during his prime years. There are so many of our beautiful WAG dogs at the Rainbow Bridge. I hope they're all playing agility together. January 2, 2015 6:38 pm