This little guy’s name is Joey. He started out as my bird around 1984ish, and then went to live with my sister Terri… for some 25 years. Joey just recently passed on to the Rainbow Bridge. We estimated him to be around 28 years old. He was quite the little character with a very loud cat call whistle. I painted this picture to celebrate his long lived and happy life. He will be missed!
Sign up for our mailing list.
December 2014 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Add Link to Facebook
- Wendy Vasseur Hi Marianne,
What do you charge for a dog portrait and what size are they?
Wendy Vasseur October 24, 2014 7:24 am
- Marianne Harris, Artist It's been awhile since I posted a painting. Here's a commission I did a month or so ago of a beautiful Boxer boy named Eros. October 23, 2014 4:00 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist My two paintings, "Finishing Touch" and "Girlfriends" are entered in this weekends Rocklin Fine Art Membership Show. If you're in the area of the Johnson-Springview Park in Rocklin, CA today from 11am to 6pm or tomorrow from 10am to 5pm stop by and enjoy all the art. And don't forget to vote for "People's Choice". The art show is in conjunction with the Placer Grown Harvest Festival also going on at the park. October 18, 2014 9:04 am
- Marianne Harris, Artist My art is usually all about animals... but lately I've been working on a few humans. Although not sure I was ready at this stage in my art career... I decided to try painting someone very dear to me. This is my Dad! He's been gone since 2001 and he's very missed. The painting was probably one of my biggest challenges, but I feel pretty good about the way it finally came out. I took it to my Mom yesterday as a surprise... and yes, she was pretty happy with it. It is now hanging in a prominent place in her home. And I feel like I achieved one of my milestones. :-) And Dad... I'm very sorry for all the carrying on I did while I painted your portrait. But you were not easy!!! October 16, 2014 1:24 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Finally completed this little painting of a very special chocolate puppy, who at 3 months old, went to the Rainbow Bridge way too soon. This is Coco Bella. October 14, 2014 8:01 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Just finished up on this Barrel Racer... the 3D winner at the Summer Series Futurity. This is Bondalena Bar Flit... aka Tequila... owned by Ashley Robertson. Thank you to Sherry Hagemeier for commissioning me to paint the four winners. I still have two to go!! Photo reference by Danny Cook. October 8, 2014 6:41 pm
- Suzanna Trompczynski Hi I spoke to you this weekend at Wag, and sorry I ddnt get your card, I would like to find out cost and info on getting my trinity jo painted by, I will attach a pic my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org thank you October 6, 2014 5:09 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist I still have room for a couple more Holiday Commissions. If you would like to give the gift of a pet portrait for Xmas... please don't delay in letting me know. My prices are posted on my website at mebsart.com. All prices include frames. October 6, 2014 10:55 am
- Marianne Harris, Artist I created this poster of all the dogs of WAG that I have painted over the years. Then decided to create a little contest for the agility folk at WAG today... with all the money's earned going to the K9 Cancer Walk in Elk Grove next weekend. There was a second poster with just numbers, and those who entered had to guess the names. Justine Bradley was my winner and received a $100 gift certificate towards a pet portrait by me! :-) It was fun and for a good cause. So here's the poster. Aren't they a great bunch of beautiful canines!! October 5, 2014 7:02 pm
- Marianne Harris I'm happy to announce there will be two different ways to win Gift Certificates for commissioned pet portraits by me this weekend at the WAG CPE agility trial in Elk Grove. Both are to raise money for the K9 Cancer Walk. There will be a $150 Gift Certificate in the WAG Raffle for the K9 Cancer Walk, and I will be holding a special contest involving the different WAG dogs that I have painted over the last few years, with the winner receiving a $100 Gift Certificate. I suggest anyone interested in this contest to take a look at all the WAG dogs I have posted on my Facebook pages. This special contest will be held on Sunday only. See you all there! :-) October 2, 2014 10:56 pm
- Wendy Vasseur Hi Marianne, What do you charge for a dog portrait and what size are they? Wendy Vasseur October 24, 2014 7:24 am