This little guy’s name is Joey. He started out as my bird around 1984ish, and then went to live with my sister Terri… for some 25 years. Joey just recently passed on to the Rainbow Bridge. We estimated him to be around 28 years old. He was quite the little character with a very loud cat call whistle. I painted this picture to celebrate his long lived and happy life. He will be missed!
Sign up for our mailing list.
October 2014 S M T W T F S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Add Link to Facebook
- Wendy Vasseur Hi Marianne,
What do you charge for a dog portrait and what size are they?
Wendy Vasseur October 24, 2014 8:24 am
- Suzanna Trompczynski Hi I spoke to you this weekend at Wag, and sorry I ddnt get your card, I would like to find out cost and info on getting my trinity jo painted by, I will attach a pic my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org thank you October 6, 2014 6:09 pm
- Marianne Harris I'm happy to announce there will be two different ways to win Gift Certificates for commissioned pet portraits by me this weekend at the WAG CPE agility trial in Elk Grove. Both are to raise money for the K9 Cancer Walk. There will be a $150 Gift Certificate in the WAG Raffle for the K9 Cancer Walk, and I will be holding a special contest involving the different WAG dogs that I have painted over the last few years, with the winner receiving a $100 Gift Certificate. I suggest anyone interested in this contest to take a look at all the WAG dogs I have posted on my Facebook pages. This special contest will be held on Sunday only. See you all there! :-) October 2, 2014 11:56 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Meb's Art September 9, 2014 8:02 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Just finished up on this beautiful horse... Miss Crowned Up, aka Jolene, owned by Dani Sheets... running barrels during the McCourtney Road Equestrian Center Summer Barrel Racing Series. This is the 2D winner of the series... and this painting is what she has won! Thank you to Sherry Hagemeier for signing me up to paint this winning horse. Reference photo supplied and used with permission by Danny Cook Photography. September 6, 2014 8:21 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Extending an invitation to all my Facebook family and friends who would like to come out to the Draft Horse Classic "Art at the Classic" in Grass Valley. The event is Sept 18th through 21... and I will have my booth there once again. I also have three paintings hanging in the show. Should be a fun weekend. September 6, 2014 3:57 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist It's done! My first attempt of a cute little girl and her dog. I'm pretty happy with the outcome. It was a bit of a challenge, but with the help of my artist friend, Kay Witt, I was able to find some skin tone colors that worked. Thanks Kay. Now to come up with a name. I'm thinking "Girlfriends" but open to suggestions. This is Emma a Rogue, photo reference used with permission by Tina Collins. August 22, 2014 5:06 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Mark your calendars for this fun, puppy lovin' event! I will be there with my art booth (Space #82), working on a special painting. Rocklin FineArts is also putting on an art show called the "Animal Kingdom." It should be a pretty fun day!! August 17, 2014 7:36 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist I don't normally post works in process... as they scare me! But I really enjoy seeing other artists do this, so thought I should reciprocate the gesture. This is one project I'm currently working on. It's totally outside my comfort box, but what the heck... gotta push my limits in order to learn. I'm finding skin tones to be a major challenge... so if other artists out there want to share their secrets, I'm all ears. This is Emma and Rogue, photo reference used with permission by Tina Collins... who happens to be my niece. I'm related to this little girl, and her little dog too, so I gotta get it right! :-) August 17, 2014 3:21 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist I've been wanting to try painting this little girl for some time now. After seeing the reference photo on Rebecca Passey's timeline of her daughter Raina... I just had to give it a try. Such a cute little girl. I know I'm an animal artist, but sometimes I see a face I just have to try painting. August 14, 2014 10:03 pm
- Marianne Harris, Artist Does this not look like a little trouble maker? Yep... he's a WAG dog. This is Gunner, owned by Kathy Bettner. This is the fourth dog I've painted for Kathy, with one more coming. I believe that Gunner is the 45th WAG dog that I have painted... so the big 50 is fast approaching. :) August 9, 2014 8:32 pm
- Marianne Harris I will be a vendor at this event. There's also going to be an animal art show. It's going to be a pretty fun day full of dogs, dogs, dogs!!! How much better could it get!!! :) July 30, 2014 9:17 am
- Marianne Harris, Artist For my friends Tex and Linda Musser... His name is Laddie. Thanks so much for all you do for me... and all the wonderful dogs you help. July 29, 2014 12:33 pm
- Wendy Vasseur Hi Marianne, What do you charge for a dog portrait and what size are they? Wendy Vasseur October 24, 2014 8:24 am